Sunday, May 23, 2010

Aunt Suzie's Ride...



So... as some of you know, my Aunt Suzie has been battling leukemia for the past year. It has been a very hard battle for her and her time is almost up with us here on Earth. God has decided that it is time... and she has been placed with hospice in the comfort of her home. Her oldest son, daughter in law, brothers, and sister in law are there with her for her last few days. But Aunt Suzie had one last wish- she wanted to ride a mechanical bull. Unfortunately, she is not strong enough or stable enough to really be out in public. So- as the next Van Meter born girl, I took it on and rode with her spirit in my heart!
I was TERRIFIED... it literally took me a good hour to work the courage up to get on the thing (her name is sugar by the way). But... after much praying and trying to find Aunt Suzie's spirit, I finally took a swig of my hubby's beer, handed him my purse, and said "Let me at 'er!"
It was fun! It was my first time in a bar, on a bull, and EVER doing something so crazy! That is how I KNOW Aunt Suzie was with me in spirit <3 I posted pictures for her to see... this is in dedication to her. Although it was my first time on the bull, the operator did not take it easy on me! He said "I think you can handle it!" I did... but oh boy do my thighs hurt- and NO I did not do the ONE HAND thing! Are you kidding!? But it was a blast... check out my facebook for all of the pictures, but here are some. We love you Aunt Suzie- stay strong... we are praying for your strength <3 Kiss kiss...

No comments:

Post a Comment