Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Happy Anniversary

So... I have so much I want to say about today- June 2nd, 2010. First of all, it is the anniversary of my marriage. My husband, Jonathon Rowden, is the best thing that has ever happened to me. Yes- of course my kids were too... but Jon... he sealed the deal for me. He makes me want to be a better person everyday! He makes me want to be a more loving person... a nicer person... a person who shares the love with others. Because he gives me so much love every second of every minute of every day. While he may not do it in the traditional ways, he shows me in his own ways. See... the men of my past use to buy me flowers... which always died. They also bought me chocolate, which only satisfied my hunger or craving for a second. They took me out to fancy restaurants, which only left me blisters from wearing high heels for so long. And then, they took me out to movies, which consisted of 90 minutes of no talking- no bonding. You see... Jon made me realize that those "traditional" ways of celebrating "love" aren't really celebrating anything. Why would I want something that is going to die or only satisfy a craving for a second? Why would I want to do something that causes me pain and discomfort or quiets my heart? The answer is- I don't... and I wouldn't.
Jon gives me children that blossom yearly. They never go out of season or wither away. I have to pay close attention to them, making sure they are fed and watered and pruned for growth, but none the less, the beauty is spectacular to watch unfold. Jon gives me something that satisfies any and every craving I ever have. He is like an "All I can Eat Buffet"- I say I because he isn't for YOU :-) But I can keep going back to him time and time again for seconds... and I never get looked at funny! He does cause me discomfort sometimes and the growing pains sometimes make me want to die with pain. But he is also the one there to make the pain go away and caress my tears from my face. He never quiets my heart, but then again, I never have to speak. He hears my soul and listens intently, with all of his heart and soul.
Now... those are gifts that Wal-Mart or Hallmark CAN NOT out do! Those are gifts that have no price...they are priceless- but eternal.
I love my husband with everything I am... Jon and I have a quote that only WE understand... but it is OUR quote: ""Marriage is like a dirt race track... Slick at times and tacky at others, but no matter the condition, you go into every turn with everything you got".
So if I could say one thing to my husband on this day, it would be this: No matter how many times we go around this circle, the dirt keeps changing. Sometimes it is easy and natural, at other times it takes skill, focus, and concentration- it is hard. But I will keep going around the circle until the race is over or the good Lord throws the checkered flag... but even then... I am ready for a victory lap. I love you baby!!! Happy third wedding anniversary!

1 comment:

  1. awwwww! What a great post to celebrate your anniversary!

    ReplyDelete