Thursday, May 20, 2010

I pray before bed...

Dear Heavenly Father,
You have blessed me with so much in this life. You have given me things that I do not deserve. You have blessed my heart with love- an abundance of love- an overwhelming amount of love. Father, I thank You for these blessings. I ask of You Father that You forgive me for my wrong doings. I have stricken those I care for. I have cursed my fellow brothers and betrayed my sisters. I have sinned. I am imperfect- tainted and impure. I know I have grown in You Lord. I know that I have joined hands with You and now walk beside You. I know that You will not let go as long as I hold tight to Your grasp on me. I know I am forgiven by You. I ask that You bless me Lord. Bless me with the serenity to understand that the ones that walk this Earth and preach Your word are also tainted and impure. Help me to understand that grudges will only harm them and their harsh words and actions cannot penetrate the banner of love that You have laid over me. I pray for them Lord. I ask that you bless them and forgive them. They claim to see Your light- but they are lost in the darkness. I pray that You keep them close to You and reach out for them, even if it means letting go of me- For I know I can stand strong. Bless my family Lord. They deserve Your best. Watch over my children and fill their dreams with beautiful lands of green where there is no evil and only love. Lift up those that struggle. Hold tight to those that cannot stand on their own. I pray all of this in my savior, Your Son's holy name, Jesus Christ.
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment